Level of study: Undergraduate (Top Up) degrees
Fee: £9,000 (UK/EU) £12,000 (International)
Entry requirements: HND/Foundation Degree with GCSE Maths and English language at grade C or above
English language requirements: IELTS 6.5 (or above) with no single element less than 5.5 or equivalent
Mode of study: Full-time classroom
Duration: 1 year
Assessment methods: Coursework and projects
Scholarship or bursaries: Available
Student finance: Available
Do you have plans to create your own business or work in a SME? Have you completed a Foundation Degree or BTEC HND in a vocational discipline and want to develop your business, management and leadership skills, whilst gaining a valuable degree qualification? Are you looking to study with likeminded entrepreneurial and career focused students and be taught by academic and practitioner based tutors in small classes and via one to one tutorials? Then this could be the programme for you.
- Top-Up your Level 5 qualification to a highly practical undergraduate degree in 1 year
- Develop your skills required to set-up and manage your own business or work within a SME across a range of sectors
- Newcastle Business School is one of only 1% of the world’s business schools to hold the prestigious AACSB accreditation
- Upon graduating, opt to join one of our Professional Pathways programmes, to further build your skills and employability with one of the UK’s leading project management and IT training providers, QA
About this course
What will I study?
This highly practical degree assesses your performance through a range of tasks directly related to creating, working in and managing an SME.
This centres on developing your skills and knowledge in the areas of management leadership, innovation, creativity, marketing, human resource management, finance, strategy and business planning.
We also spend a significant amount of time developing your own personal competence as a learner, leader and entrepreneur.
How will I be taught and assessed?
You are assessed via a range of practical tasks aimed at developing your understanding of, and competence in, key areas of Business Planning, Strategic Management, HRM, Marketing, Creativity, Entrepreneurship and Financial Management. All assessment is coursework and project based rather than examinations.
Careers and further study
This programme is all about developing your ability to create and run your own successful business or work in an SME in a range of sectors. All the skills acquired on this programme are in high demand by employers looking for resourceful and creative managers, providing you with a broad range of options on completion.
Upon successfully completing your course, you will also be eligible to join one of our Professional Pathway programmes to continue your professional development and training. Each Pathway is worth a minimum of £3,000 and offered to our graduates for free, from our partner QA.
Applicants should have the following:
- A HND /Foundation Degree or equivalent
- GCSE Maths and English language at grade C or above
Students seeking to join the course as either direct or alternative applicants should seek approval of their HND or Foundation Degree before applying on UCAS. A list of modules is required as part of this approval process.
English language requirements
Students require IELTS 6.5 (or above) with no single element below 5.5 or equivalent
Did you know that if your IELTS is within 1.0 of the required score for your programme, then taking Pre-Sessional English is an option for you.
All modules are core.
- Induction and Team Development (0 credits)
- Study Support (0 credits)
- Developing Research Informed Learning and Practice (20 credits)
- Leadership for SMEs (20 credits)
- Entrepreneurship, Creativity and Marketing (20 credits)
- SME Project (20 credits)
- Finance in an SME context (20 credits)
- Designed and Implementing SME Business Strategy (20 credits)
Fees and finance
- UK/EU students: £9,000
- International students: £12,000
Scholarships and bursaries for international students
Depending on the country you are from, you may be eligible for a country bursary and/or scholarship when studying this Top-Up programme.
All of our scholarships and bursaries are automatically applied when we process your application and one of our team will be able to confirm your eligibility.
Payment plans for self-funded students
If you need support to spread the cost of your tuition, you may be eligible for our payment plan.
How to apply or find out more
How to find out more
Enquire now to find out more information about the course, studying with us, the application process and to ask any other questions you may have.
How to apply
Once you’re ready to apply, if you are a UK or EU student, you will need to apply via UCAS. If you are an international student, you apply to us directly following the below instructions.
UCAS applications – UK/EU students
To apply through UCAS, you will need to use the following codes:
Institute UCAS code: N77
Course UCAS code: N190
Direct applications – international students
We strongly recommend that you submit your application as early as possible to allow you to complete all of the preparations needed to study in the UK. After receiving an offer it can take time to arrange your finances and apply for your visa and it is important that you arrive in good time to enrol onto your course. Please refer to the Dates and Fees page.
To apply, you can download a PDF application form and email it to admin.
For us to assess your application in a timely manner, it is important that you provide us with the following documents:
- Fully completed application form
- Personal email address must be included on the application form
- Transcripts and/or certificates (including a certified translation if not English)
- Passport – copy of personal details page
- Proof of financial sponsorship if applicable
- Confirmation of immigration history including copies of previous and current visas if applicable
02031377022 , 02037457488
07808052130 , 07588020110
P4ULTD , E4ULTD
07783101569 , 07598429884
INFO-BIRMINGAM , ADMIN-BIRMINGAM
Менеджеры в Лондоне и Бирмингеме e-mails: