Full-time / Part-time / Online
London Bloomsbury and Online
£6,950 (UK/EU) £11,950 (International) £6,950 (Online)
This degree will add professional value to an individual by helping them to develop an integrated and critically aware understanding of corporate financial management in a global context. The programme provides preparation for, and/or development of, a career in finance or banking, an academic career in finance, or any management position where finance is part of the role.
Why this course?
This degree is ideal for those interested in a future career in banking, personal finance and corporate finance or as an accountant, offering an excellent foundation for your career or for further study. As well as gaining a formal qualification, you will build a skills portfolio that you can show to future employers.
De Broc is focused on the student learning experience. We ensure that our graduates are career ready; with the knowledge, skills and attributes that employers demand. Our teaching staff have extensive practical experience, and students are taught in small group sizes that encourage a good learning relationship with lecturers.
In addition, we have successfully accredited our Masters degree programmes with the professionally-recognised CMI qualifications.
Who is this course for?
This degree is ideal for those interested in a future professional career in banking, personal finance, corporate finance or as an accountant.
How will you learn?
- Study methods - Students can take this course on either a full-time or part-time basis. The programme is delivered in an interactive way with a real-world focus, and learning takes places both in and outside the classroom environment. Face-to-face learning is supported by online resources, including the Financial Times, case studies, simulations, learning videos, reading materials, online testing and feedback. There will be 5 contact hours per week, split into two 2 hour workshops and a 1 hour lecture. Block/weekend delivery students have 7 hours of contact time over a 3 day weekend.
- Examination and assessment - On campus students will be assessed in a number of ways, including workshop performance, presentations, assignments, projects and exams. The programme includes a considerable amount of group work and assessment.
- Study materials and online support - Students will receive their core textbooks free of charge. All De Broc programmes are supported by our Virtual Learning Environment - Elite. Elite will be your first point of call for academic information. In addition, you will gain access to our online library facilities, and learning resources from the Chartered Management Institute, the Chartered Institute of Marketing and the Financial Times. These resources provide a range of professional and business-focused materials that represent up to date market trends, sector-based articles and analysis reports.
On campus study
You can study full-time or part-time using resources including case studies, simulations, learning videos, reading materials, online testing and feedback. You will also receive all core textbooks free of charge and will be supported by our Virtual Learning Environment, Elite.
As an online student, you’ll get access to programme content and learning activities at any time and from any location. In addition, you’ll receive support, guidance, and careers advice throughout the course:
- Professionally produced HD video lectures 24/7
- Online forums where you can discuss new concepts with your tutors and fellow students
- Student support services from De Broc School of Business and our online learning provider, InterActive
Full-time students will study for one year, which is divided into two semesters and the summer period for the dissertation. Students will study four modules, each worth 30 credits, and another module worth 60 credits, totalling 180 credits.
Part-time students will study for two years. Over two semesters in year one, students will study three modules, each worth 30 credits. In year two over two semesters, students will study one module worth 30 credits and another module, worth 60 credits, totalling 180 credits.
For full-time and part-time students there are 2 core modules – corporate finance and corporate reporting. Students will then pick from one of 2 streams. Stream 1 modules are risk management and banking regulation and mergers and acquisitions. Stream 2 is business performance management and corporate social responsibility.
The course will cover the following core modules:
- Corporate Finance (30 credits)
- Corporate Reporting (30 credits)
- Research Methods, Professional Development and Dissertation/ Project (60 credits)
Elective Stream 1
- Risk Management and Banking Regulation (30 credits)
- Mergers and Acquisitions (30 credits)
Elective Stream 2
- Business Performance Management (30 credits)
- Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility (30 credits)
This module will equip you with the knowledge, skills, and competencies to understand the importance of investment and finance decisions. You will gain an essential understanding of corporate finance structure, including knowledge of instruments used by companies to raise finances and manage financial risk. A distinctive feature of this module is its focus on advanced financial management, building on current research, industry developments and input from practitioners in the fields of corporate finance.
This module will teach you how to interpret financial reporting standards and statements so that you can effectively contribute to business performance and investment strategies. You will focus on the preparation and understanding of financial statements, as well as the global environment in which financial standards are designed, agreed upon and applied. You will learn how to carry out research in financial standards beyond the mechanics of preparing the financial statement reports.
Research Methods, Professional Development and Dissertation/Project
This module will equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills to critically evaluate a business issue of your choice from a specialist perspective. You will learn how to utilise the necessary tools for research related activities in a professional environment, and gain the ability to investigate a complex business issue.
Risk Management and Banking Regulation (Stream 1)
You will gain an understanding of the impact of risk on organisations and how to effectively mitigate their negative effects. In addition this module will equip you with the critical skills needed to understand the main types of risk that financial institutions face, alongside how to manage those risks. You will learn how to critically analyse and challenge Basel III.
Mergers and Acquisitions (Stream 1)
This module will give you a comprehensive understanding of merger and acquisition strategies. You will learn how to make decisions to increase the value of an organisation and to effectively input information into valuation models. You will also consider the factors associated with private equity investments and how they achieve their goals through mergers and acquisitions.
Business Performance Management (Stream 2)
This module will enable you to integrate your understanding of performance management and control with the strategy of an organisation. In addition you will develop the skills to critically analyse principles and trends in performance measurement, applying them to current global issues.
Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility (Stream 2)
You will gain the ability to integrate the challenges of corporate governance with social responsibility. You will also develop a critical understanding of the ethical challenges faced by organisations and their employees. You will develop the skills to apply the principles of corporate governance and social responsibility to the development of competitive advantage, as well as managing the ethical issues that may arise in the global workplace.
With this degree, students may consider entering careers such as management consultancy, accountancy, business analysis, or operations management.
Further education options include:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Chartered Management Institute’s (CMI) postgraduate qualifications
- 2:2 or above from a UK Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent qualifications.
- International entry requirements - an English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
- Non-standard entry
Fees and funding
All postgraduate international students starting September 2016 qualify for our £3,000 Inaugural Bursary.*
02031377022 , 02037457488
07808052130 , 07588020110
P4ULTD , E4ULTD
07783101569 , 07598429884
INFO-BIRMINGAM , ADMIN-BIRMINGAM
Менеджеры в Лондоне и Бирмингеме e-mails: