The LLB (Hons) Law is for those interested in a future legal career in particular, but not limited to, legal work as solicitors, barristers and legal executives, as well as acting as a foundation for further postgraduate study.
This degree will give you a sound educational experience that will enable you to acquire a solid grounding in legal principles. It will equip you with knowledge of the fundamental features of the UK and the EU legal systems and the context in which the law operates. You will gain a range of graduate skills in preparation for employment in a wide variety of fields such as: subject-specific abilities, intellectual skills, practical professional skills and general transferable skills.
With normal progression, this degree is recognised by the Law Society and General Council of the Bar as satisfying the initial or academic stage of training. More information on progression rules and the Law Society and General Council of the Bar requirements for LPC or BPTC courses and be found on the websites for the Bar Standards Board and the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Structure and content
The LLB (Hons) Law is designed as a 3 year course, with each year consisting of 4 or 5 modules.
Each of the three years will involve the study of four 30 credit core modules each year.
Below are indications of the modules you will study:
Constitutional and Administrative Law
Foundations of Criminal Law
Legal Method & Skills
Law of Tort
European Union Law
Equity & the Law of Trusts
Plus 2 Optional Modules:
Law of Business Associations*
Law of Succession*
Plus 3 Optional Modules:
Agency & Sale of Goods Law
Entrepreneurship in a Legal Context
Public International Law
*Students seeking the NALP dual award must pass 4 of these modules
Teaching and assessment
Teaching & contact time
The LLB (Hons) Law degree is a full-time course, whereby learning takes places both in and outside the classroom environment. Contact hours are split between lectures and seminars, with particular emphasis being placed on the seminar environment, which promotes group interaction and facilitates personal support. Face-to-face learning is supported by online resources, including learning videos, reading materials and online testing.
In addition, students are expected and encouraged to engage in private study and preparation. In general, we expect students to engage in 2 hours private study for every 1 hour of formal class teaching.
Examination & assessment
Students are assessed through a variety of in-class assessments, coursework, presentations, case studies, portfolios and examinations. Typically, students will sit 1 exam per module at the end of the year, in addition to 2 assessments during the course of the academic year.
Alternatively, ARU London asks for
- Irish Leaving Certificate BBCCC.
- Scottish Highers BBCCC.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma DMM in a business-related subject.
- IBDP 24 points.
Applicants studying for other qualifications should contact ARU London to discuss their circumstances.
We also welcome applications from mature individuals who can demonstrate appropriate, relevant work experience.
All applicants are required to have at least 5 GCSEs at C or above including English and Maths.
Students whose first language is not English and who have not previously studied in the UK are required to have IELTS 6.0 or equivalent. Candidates who meet our academic entry requirements but whose score for IELTS (or an English language test considered the equivalent of IELTS) is below 6.0 can apply for a programme that includes an eight-week pre-sessional English Language course, for which there is an additional fee.
This course can also be selected as an extended degree adding a prior year of study. Requirements for this are 5 GCSEs together with evidence of at least 12 years of education eg. partial completion of A Level, BTEC, International Baccalaureate or an Access Course. EU applicants must also provide an English Language qualification equivalent to IELTS 5.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
Our published entry requirements are a guide only and our decision will be based on our assessment of your overall suitability for the course. We treat everyone as an individual which means we will look at your whole application including any relevant work experience and personal circumstances as well as your educational qualifications. Please contact UK@lca.anglia.ac.uk for more information.
LLB (Hons) Law UCAS CODE:M100
In today’s tough jobs market, graduates need to stand out from the crowd to successfully secure that all important first full-time job after university. We believe your degree from ARU London will definitely enhance your employability:
- Your ARU London lecturers all have first-hand experience of business and some continue to work in business. You are therefore assured that the content of your degree will be directly relevant to the demanding, constantly evolving world of contemporary business. Furthermore, you will study business from a practical as well as from an academic perspective.
- ARU London lecturers have a wealth of contacts too and you will study alongside students from all over the world. All great for networking!
- Our student-friendly timetables will make it easier for you to secure meaningful, part-time work. Part-time work will give you valuable experience outside of the classroom and will boost your credentials with a prospective graduate employer. We are also working with a number of employers to be able to offer part-time work in conjunction with our degrees.
- During your final year there will be additional seminars with the specific objective of enhancing your future employment prospects. These will include CV workshops, interview techniques, career counselling and visits from prospective employers.
ARU London offers a range of postgraduate degree programmes including a popular MBA (International).
Why study for an MBA or MSc at ARU London?
- Successful completion will definitely enhance your career prospects
- You will gain knowledge of a wide range of organisational sectors.
- Students on the MBA programmes in Hospitality or Healthcare have the opportunity of part-time paid work in the relevant industry from the start of their course.
- The programmes are designed to shape you into a more effective manager, better equipped to lead an organisation in the constantly changing business environment of the 21st century.
- Programme content includes the latest thinking and research on management at strategic level.
The cultural diversity of the students on the course and the international dimension within the course content adds an invaluable element to the study experience at ARU London. This gives students taking up management posts greater confidence in conducting international negotiations. If you are an international student on this course, you will join over 4,000 students from all over the world who have chosen a programme of study from Anglia Ruskin’s Ashcroft International Business School.
Classes will run on a combination of evenings and weekends, enabling students to work full-time while studying.
Please note that due to the delivery approach of this programme, students studying this course are not eligible for Tier 4 Sponsorship.
02031377022 , 02037457488
07808052130 , 07588020110
P4ULTD , E4ULTD
07783101569 , 07598429884
INFO-BIRMINGAM , ADMIN-BIRMINGAM
Менеджеры в Лондоне и Бирмингеме e-mails: