The finance and accounting degree is specifically designed for those students who wish to go on, after graduation, to become a qualified accountant in order to pursue a career, either in professional practice, or in corporate finance.
For this reason, the course has been structured to provide the maximum possible number of exemptions – 9 papers in total – from the professional examinations of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the global body for professional accountants.
The degree syllabus has been carefully designed to combine the intellectual and practical aspects of finance and accountancy and so provide students with the required academic rigor, tempered with professional realism.
In addition, the degree explores the concepts of business culture and business ethics: and introduces the key management functions across the whole spectrum of business activity. The result is that graduates are equipped with an array of transferable business skills, as well as technical knowledge of finance and accountancy practice.
Structure and content
This degree course is offered full-time over three years.
Over the course of your degree, you will study four 30-credit modules each year.
Below are indications of modules likely to be studied each year if you choose the three-year option.
Introduction to Financial Accounting
Legal Aspects of Business
Managing Performance Management
Financial Reporting for Business
Financial Management in Organisations
Teaching and assessment
- You will have a minimum of twelve hours’ lectures and tutorials a week (so- called ‘contact time’ with a lecturer or tutor). Each year consists of two semesters of 12 weeks of teaching followed by a period for revision and assessment.
- The core lectures and tutorials are carefully timetabled to take place on just two days of the week (for example, Mondays and Tuesdays or Thursdays and Fridays). We believe this offers our students more chance of finding meaningful, better-paid part-time work than students at many universities where the few hours’ lectures are spread over the whole of the week.
- You will be expected to undertake extensive independent study when you are not attending lectures.
- Your learning experience will be further enhanced by skills sessions, tutor surgeries and guest lectures which are organised throughout the year.
- Each course module is delivered through a combination of large group lectures - where the main ideas and concepts are presented – and tutorials where students are broken into smaller groups for an interactive discussion and analysis of the lecture content.
- Students are assessed predominantly through a mix of examination and coursework.
Alternatively, ARU London asks for
- Irish Leaving Certificate BBCCC.
- Scottish Highers BBCCC.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma DMM in a business-related subject.
- IBDP 24 points.
Applicants studying for other qualifications should contact ARU London to discuss their circumstances.
We also welcome applications from mature individuals who can demonstrate appropriate, relevant work experience.
All applicants are required to have at least 5 GCSEs at C or above including English and Maths.
Students whose first language is not English and who have not previously studied in the UK are required to have IELTS 6.0 or equivalent. Candidates who meet our academic entry requirements but whose score for IELTS (or an English language test considered the equivalent of IELTS) is below 6.0 can apply for a programme that includes an eight-week pre-sessional English Language course, for which there is an additional fee.
This course can also be selected as an extended degree adding a prior year of study. Requirements for this are 5 GCSEs together with evidence of at least 12 years of education eg. partial completion of A Level, BTEC, International Baccalaureate or an Access Course. EU applicants must also provide an English Language qualification equivalent to IELTS 5.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
Our published entry requirements are a guide only and our decision will be based on our assessment of your overall suitability for the course. We treat everyone as an individual which means we will look at your whole application including any relevant work experience and personal circumstances as well as your educational qualifications. Please contact UK@lca.anglia.ac.uk for more information.
BSc (Hons) Finance and Accounting
UCAS CODE NN43
BSc (Hons) Finance and Accounting with Foundation Year
UCAS CODE NN17
Four-Year Extended Degree Course
For students who do not meet our standard entry requirements for admission, ARU London offers the option of a Four - Year Extended Degree Course – foundation year.
The Extended course involves the study of seven modules over two semesters with automatic enrolment onto a degree
programme on successful completion.
At the ARU London we believe that all students should expect that a business-orientated education should lead to a business-orientated career.
To make this expectation a reality we make great efforts to equip all our students with
- The business and social skills;
- the work ethic;
- the analytical and problem solving abilities;
- the ambition to overcome challenges,
that all go towards ensuring a successful future career.
In addition, our careers advisors make use of the latest on-line facilities to ensure that before students start their future job search:
- they are knowledgeable about the varied and wide-ranging career opportunities that are open to them;
- they know how to construct an attractive employer friendly CV;
- they have mastered successful interview techniques; and
- they understand how to ensure that isometric and aptitude tests show off your strengths to their best advantage.
Finally, our careers service has developed a range of links with employers and professional bodies who are all interested in offering our students exciting and challenging career opportunities.
Our aim is simple: to ensure that at the end of your undergraduate business education, you get the opportunity to put what you have learnt into practice in a career that helps to fully realise your abilities and future potential.
02031377022 , 02037457488
07808052130 , 07588020110
P4ULTD , E4ULTD
07783101569 , 07598429884
INFO-BIRMINGAM , ADMIN-BIRMINGAM
Менеджеры в Лондоне и Бирмингеме e-mails: