Without marketing, there is no business.
This degree is designed to prepare students for a career in marketing management in sectors such as FMCG, financial services, telecoms and tourism. The syllabus evaluates the key marketing skills of forward thinking, communication, and originality, whilst building core knowledge in the areas of branding, brand management, market research methods, consumer behaviour and public relations. With the growing importance of the online campaign, you will also consider the role of digital marketing in marketing strategy and the key metrics for measuring effectiveness. With marketing knowledge and skills grounded in key business concepts, this degree lays the balanced foundations for a successful career.
Structure and content
This course is offered as a three-year degree programme.
Most degree programmes at ARU London have a common first year:
- This allows you to gain a broad understanding of the key areas of business which will enable you to appreciate the importance of the different functions – such as HR, marketing, finance – to overall business success. This will help you in your future career irrespective of the path you take.
- We know it can be difficult to decide the exact direction you wish your studies to take. Our structure allows you to transfer to one of our other degree courses, should you wish to.
- You therefore do not need to decide your area of specialisation now, you can do so after you join ARU London.
Each of the three years will involve the study of four 30 credit core modules each year.
Below are indications of the modules you will study
Economics for Business
Legal Aspects of Business
Managing Human Resources
Principles and Practice of Marketing
Business to Business Marketing
Teaching and assessment
- You will have a minimum of twelve hours’ lectures and tutorials a week (so- called ‘contact time’ with a lecturer or tutor). Each year consists of two semesters of 12 teaching weeks each followed by a period for revision and assessment.
- The core lectures and tutorials are carefully timetabled to take place on two or three days of the week. We believe this offers our students more chance of finding meaningful, better-paid part-time work than students at many universities where the few hours’ lectures are spread over the whole of the week.
- You will be expected to undertake extensive independent study when you are not attending lectures.
- Your learning experience will be further enhanced by skills sessions, tutor surgeries and guest lectures which are organised throughout the year.
- Each course module is delivered through a combination of large group lectures - where the main ideas and concepts are presented – and tutorials where students are broken into smaller groups for an interactive discussion and analysis of the lecture content.
- Students are assessed predominantly through a mix of examination and coursework.
Alternatively, ARU London asks for:
- Irish Leaving Certificate BBCCC.
- Scottish Highers BBCCC.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma DMM in a business-related subject.
- IBDP 24 points.
Applicants studying for other qualifications should contact ARU London to discuss their circumstances.
We also welcome applications from mature individuals who can demonstrate appropriate, relevant work experience.
All applicants are required to have at least 5 GCSEs at C or above including English and Maths.
Students whose first language is not English and who have not previously studied in the UK are required to have IELTS 6.0 or equivalent. Candidates who meet our academic entry requirements but whose score for IELTS (or an English language test considered the equivalent of IELTS) is below 6.0 can apply for a programme that includes an eight-week pre-sessional English Language course, for which there is an additional fee.
This course can also be selected as an extended degree adding a prior year of study. Requirements for this are 5 GCSEs together with evidence of at least 12 years of education eg. partial completion of A Level, BTEC, International Baccalaureate or an Access Course. EU applicants must also provide an English Language qualification equivalent to IELTS 5.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
Our published entry requirements are a guide only and our decision will be based on our assessment of your overall suitability for the course. We treat everyone as an individual which means we will look at your whole application including any relevant work experience and personal circumstances as well as your educational qualifications. Please contact UK@lca.anglia.ac.uk for more information.
BSc (Hons) Business and Marketing
UCAS CODE NN15
BSc (Hons) Business and Marketing with Foundation Year
UCAS CODE NN13
Four-Year Extended Degree Course
For students who do not meet our standard entry requirements for admission, ARU London offers the option of a Four - Year Extended Degree Course – foundation year.
The Extended course involves the study of seven modules over two semesters with automatic enrolment onto a degree
programme on successful completion.
In today’s tough jobs market, graduates need to stand out from the crowd to successfully secure that all important first full-time job after university. We believe your degree from ARU London will definitely enhance your employability:
Your ARU London lecturers all have first-hand experience of business and some continue to work in business. You are therefore assured that the content of your degree will be directly relevant to the demanding, constantly evolving world of contemporary business. Furthermore, you will study business from a practical as well as from an academic perspective.
ARU London lecturers have a wealth of contacts too and you will study alongside students from all over the world. All great for networking!
Our student-friendly timetables will make it easier for you to secure meaningful, part-time work. Part-time work will give you valuable experience outside of the classroom and will boost your credentials with a prospective graduate employer. We are also working with a number of employers to be able to offer part-time work in conjunction with our degrees.
During your final year there will be additional seminars with the specific objective of enhancing your future employment prospects. These will include CV workshops, interview techniques, career counselling and visits from prospective employers.
02031377022 , 02037457488
07808052130 , 07588020110
P4ULTD , E4ULTD
07783101569 , 07598429884
INFO-BIRMINGAM , ADMIN-BIRMINGAM
Менеджеры в Лондоне и Бирмингеме e-mails: